- Brainstorm with other people on ideas
- Send out an announcement (via Google Group) that you are interested in starting a new project.
- Update the wiki, using the project template
- Update the President / Vice President on milestones so they can add it to the weekly project updates
- Keep member collobaration centralized via one of the following tools:
- Bulletin / Message Board (software TBD, highly recommend SMF)
- Separate Google Groups mailing list
- <insert tool here> - only requirement is that all members have access to it. Bonus points if it integrates with the LDAP server.
Description: Berticus really wants to tinker with 3d printing, and thus desires access to either a Makerbot or the next generation Reprap Mendel.
Details: Makerbots can be purchased for $750 or $950. The higher price reflects some premium features, mainly pre-assembled electronics, a power supply, and some extra plastic filament. Bots are currently rather backordered. Mendel parts are impossible to find. There seem to be no kits out there for the non-extruded parts (threaded rod, etc.), so even if we can find somebody to print us the plastic bits, it'll still be a bit of a pain to get everything together. Right now a Makerbot is probably the way to go, and we can use that to print out the Mendel parts to make a second bot for experimentation (developing new print heads and such).
Ashley's Silly Web Projects
BedBugsHotels.com <- looking to collab with someone to build something like bedbugregistry.com but not as lame, using googlemaps. started the site in rails, but have not got very far with this. pretty sure there's traffic waiting for a well developed site along these lines, and it could be fun?
hotpinkwedding.com <- no one is going to be interested in this topic, per se. But I'm interested in using and learning about different techniques to boost serp via experimentation, if anyone is into that. 500-600 unique visitors a month currently.
simplerochester.com <- websites hosted on AWS. Looking to redevelop the business model in a unique way and mess around with marketing.
Interlock Floor Coverings
Problem: The floor is concrete, which while suited to welding, etc, is ugly and non-l33t. Solution: Come up with one or more floor coverings.
- LED Disco Dance Floor like this one at MIT
- Maybe with an option to have solid colors or something less crazy, so we can use it more often than not
- Section off part of the floor using 2x4s and put dirt and grass there (how do we grow grass with no light?)
Problem: With all the content that is being added to the space (materials, hardware, software, books, etc) we need a way to keep track of what we have. Solution: For the time being, a simple flat-file database (using googledocs) has been created. Please use form link(s) below to enter them.